For this one, though, you’re going to need fresh, ripe bananas.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 box (5.1 oz) banana instant pudding mix (if you can’t find banana you can use vanilla but banana will intensify the flavor of the pudding)
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ t vanilla
- 1 12 oz tub of Cool Whip (or other whipped topping), thawed
- 3 cups, graham cracker or Nilla Wafer crumbs (I used Nilla Wafers cuz I love them)
- 3 T butter, melted
- 8 bananas
DirectionsThis one is pretty simple, just mixing and layering. But pay attention to where I say mix with a hand mixer and stir with a wooden spoon – that will matter.
We’ll start by making the filling.
Add the milk and instant pudding mix to a bowl and mix until well blended.
In a separate bowl, add the cream cheese, condensed milk and vanilla and mix that with your hand mixer until that’s also well blended.
Take your Cool Whip and, with a wooden spoon, gently fold it into the cream cheese mixture until its just combined.
Next take this and add it to the milk and instant pudding and again stir with your wooden spoon until it’s all mixed together. Set this aside – you’ll need it soon.
In a smaller bowl, mix the graham cracker/Nilla Wafer crumbs and melted butter. Pour about ¾ of the mixture into a 9” x 13” dish and press lightly with your fingers so you have an even crust along the bottom.
Slice your bananas and cover the crust with banana slices. Feel free to snack on a few while you’re doing this. Then pour your filling over the bananas.
Cover this with the remaining banana slices and then cover that with the remaining graham cracker crumbs.
Cover the whole thing and refrigerate for a couple hours, or until you’re ready to serve!